Orange Quinoa Kale and Toppers Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
For the Salad:
- 1 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 cups Water
- 4-5 Oranges
- 1/2 head Kale
- 1 cup Chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1/2 cup Vogel’s Café-Style Golden Toasted Toppers
For the dressing:
- 6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Fresh Blood Orange Juice
- 2 – 3 tsp Honey, or Maple Syrup/agave
- 1 tsp Blood Orange Zest
- Salt, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa under running water then place in a pot with two cups of water, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer cooked quinoa to a bowl, fluff with a fork then place in the fridge to chill.
- To make the dressing whisk the oil, vinegar, orange juice, 2 teaspoons honey, zest, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl until fully combined. Taste and add more salt and/or honey if desired. Set aside.
- Slice the kale leaves away from the stems and stack the leaves on top of one another, then slice the kale into thin ribbons and measure out 3 cups of loosely packed kale.
- Remove the skin from 3-4 of the blood oranges and cut into small segments.
- Combine the kale, chickpeas, Vogel’s Café-Style Golden Toasted Toppers and oranges in a large bowl with 1/2 of the dressing.
- Add the chilled quinoa and lightly stir to combine, adding more dressing to your liking.
- Garnish with more Vogel’s Café-Style Golden Toasted Toppers and a wedge of blood orange.
0 0 100 0